October 22, 2011

Vintage Clothes I Love - Part 1

Hey everyone! 
These clothes all belong to my mom, actually.  It's amazing what you can find, so definitely check out your mom's closet too! She's had these clothes for many years now, and some of the blouses are almost 20 years old!  I love them very much because you can't find these styles any more and the quality is honestly much better than clothes I find these days.

This is a peachy, semi see through blouse with flared sleeves and a flowery-like collar.  It's quite big on me and long so I like to wear it with a belt or tuck it under jeans.

This is one of my favourite items. It's a white blouse that my mom had for at least two decades, and it fits amazingly on me. It's just a tad big and the sleeve holes are too wide but that's the fun thing about vintage clothes; they aren't tailored for your body but they definitely tell a story.  I was looking at my childhood photos and my mom was wearing the black version of this blouse! 

So this is the black version, and it's the same as the white.  What I love about these two blouses is that they are lined so when you wear it you won't look awkward with a layering tank under.


This next item is a sweater which was amongst the stack of old clothes my mom keeps in the linen closet.  I took it out one day and fell in love. It's so comfy and oversized and it's great :) The sleeves are a bit short on me though, but again, I don't mind.


This is another item my mom hasn't worn in a long time, and I recently wore it to a wedding reception, over a simple shift dress from Forever21 I had, which I didn't like but I loved the round neckline. 
I love this skirt very much and it reminds me of Coco Chanel! :$

The last item is a sea green/blue tank with a simple silhouette. It's so very feminine.
The detail on this is just amazing, and it's lined with a silky material.



So that's it for Part 1! Stay tuned for part 2, which is the accessories edition :)

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment