October 29, 2011

Hair Diary No. 1 - How I make my hair grow FAST

Hey everyone.  This is gonna be a post which I've been waiting to write for a while.  So in my first Hair Diary I talked about how I cut my hair and all that stuff and basically, I want to grow my hair back long again.  Because so much of it was cut, just that makes my scalp and hair so much less strained and it makes it grow faster.  

Also, I will NOT be colouring my hair until it has grown very long, because colouring your hair will damage your scalp and make your hair grow slower!

Other than that, I am such an impatient person so I decided I should start putting more nutrients in my body to help my hair grow.

I take B-Complex, Vitamin C, Omega 3-6-9, and occasionally Zinc and a tablespoon of Flax Seed Oil.
I am not a nutritionist but I did do lots of research and found that your B Vitamins such as B-12 and Biotin will help hair grow faster.  Omega Fish oils is also nutrients for your brain and so why not your scalp? I've also read that it helps people who have thin hair (me!!) to grow hair back.  So far I have not really noticed my thin hair problem fixing itself but I've only started taking vitamins about a month ago.  Vitamin C is basic, everyone should be taking it.  Zinc and Flaxseed oil are to help myself because I am just particularly deprived of nutrients. Haha. 

I can personally say that it HAS helped my hair grow because I have been taking weekly pictures to track my hair growth for the past month and I can literally tell a difference in length every week.  My estimation is that my health practices has made my hair grow about an inch every 6 weeks, when normally hair grows 1cm every month.

In addition, I ALWAYS massage my scalp when I'm in the shower.  It feels great and it helps distribute the oils on your scalp and it stimulates it.


This is the B complex that I take.  It says you should take two capsules a day but I only take one because if I take two I get more than 200% the daily intake for most of the vitamins in the complex so I'm only going to pee all the extra out.  This is actually quite expensive so it's up to you whether you want it or not.  This bottle of 60 capsules costed around $22. (I bought it at my local organic food store)  I don't know how much the Omega 369 was but I think it`s definitely cheaper.

Best of luck for your hair aspirations!  I will post up the photos soon, maybe if I get some response? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment