October 25, 2011

REVIEW: Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

Hey Everyone! Time for another review. I had the hardest time trying to decide how I should write this, whether I should have included eye makeup removal stuff from the K-Palette review here. But here is my review on the Olay Cleansing Brush.

As you can see, it's a dupe for the Clarisonic.  I had a huge concern about my skin after I started using the Missha BB Cream. (Click for my review on that) This BB was very long lasting but its problem was that it doesn't come off easily.  I would clean my face with my hands and afterward I would still feel greasiness on my face, which wasn't right.  So I started to consider the Clarisonic Mia, but even this mini version is around $100, way above my budget.  The other option is this Olay Brush, but the very fact that it's only $30 made me doubtful whether it will be useless and a waste of my money.

It turned out to not be a waste of my money, and I use it every time I take off foundation!  
The brush is very very soft and will not damage your face.  It also has two settings.  The top button controls on/off, while the bottom button switches between the Higher and Lower settings. If you have a fragile or sensitive face, you should use the lower setting.  But I always use the higher setting in order to get rid of my make up properly.



 The package comes with an exfoliating gel, which isn't a big deal, but it's better than nothing :)



I use the olay brush with this cleansing lotion.  I recommend using cleansing milk or cleansers with similar consistencies because gel does not spread well and give you a good, rich, lather.

After using this you will see that your brush has turned brown.  No biggie, I just use a little soap and clean the brush and all the grime comes off like a dream.

After this cleanser, I use Cetaphil (with my hands) and sometimes an exfoliating cleanser before or after it.  So usually 3 times to do the trick.

There's still grime on your face which you can help remove with your toner and a cotton pad.  ^That particular time I was in a hurry and rushed so there's more brown on it.  Usually there is less; actually don't expect to have much grime on your cotton pad after cleaning with this brush!

Overall, I like this product, and I would buy (the replacement brush heads).

The thing which sucks about this is that you HAVE to buy the brush heads from them, and it's 2 for around $9, which is quite pricey.  What I also don't like is that it uses AA batteries. Come on, doesn't everything these days use a charger and lithium-ion battery?

TIPS: 
1. DO NOT USE THIS ON/NEAR YOUR EYE. you will destroy the skin there
2. If you are wearing eyeshadow with some sort of shimmer or glittery bits, try to take it off separately before washing your face, because the cleansing brush will transfer the glitter all around your face and then it'll be a pain to get rid of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment