October 26, 2011

Healthy Indulgence - Dark Chocolate


One day, I went on a Walmart trip with my mom and we saw these huge chocolate bars with different varieties which sold for $4, which is an amazing deal if you think about it.

We got milk chocolate with hazelnut and Dark chocolate 54%.

I love the dark chocolate because it tastes not too sweet yet sweet enough to satisfy a chocolate-lover.  Dark chocolate is also loved for its health benefits.

It contains flavonoids which are pigments found in plants which have antioxidants.  Antioxidants help rid the body of free radicals.  A small amount eaten daily can even help reduce heart disease (Lowers blood pressure and cholesterol levels)

That is, please don't start eating dark chocolate like crazy because at the end of the day, it is chocolate and everything should be taken in moderation.

I read that 70% should be eaten but I'm happy with my 54%, hahaha.

Source: http://longevity.about.com/od/lifelongnutrition/p/chocolate.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment