October 18, 2011

Hair Diary No. 0 (Intro)

Hello :)
So this post is the first of a series I'm hoping to post up, of me attempting to grow my hair back. I'll be putting up pics to track my progress!

  In January 2011 I cut it to the Tao Okamoto style, which I loved, then it grew out and I cut it again in March 2011.   Then it grew out AGAIN and I cut it finally to an even shorter pixie style in June/July 2011.  Since then I've been trying to grow it back into a nice medium length bob and then back to my long hair before!





The Pains of Growing out Short Hair

If you've had short SHORT hair, you would know what I am going through.  Carey Mulligan had to go through the same thing too; it is the dreaded Mullet phase.

Basically what this is is that when you have a short haircut, your sides are shorter than the back, exposing your ears.  So when your hair is growing out, the back lengthens while the sides are still short which makes a mullet appearance.  What people have to do is keep trimming the back while letting the sides and front grow so eventually they will become even once more.  
Currently my sides are almost at the tip of my earlobe which I am grateful for,  but it still needs to grow faster!!!
In the next post I will post a picture of my current progress and vitamins and all that good stuff which makes my hair grow faster (hopefully)



Bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment