November 04, 2011

Struggling with Acne - How I am healing my skin!!

This past month, I have been getting very bad breakouts on my face and it was just red, raw, and plain bumpy.  Even makeup couldn't hide the fact that my skin was horrible because of the bumpiness. It was actually so scary when I looked at my forehead up close in the mirror and saw that the edges of my face were not smooth.  Not at all.

Why I've been breaking out:
- Not taking off my makeup right after school because I have so much homework
- Missha bb cream clogging up my pores and leading to pimples
- Stress in school 
- Lack of sleep
- Eating lots of junk food to refuel because of lack of sleep
-Stress --> habit of touching my face


My best friend has been using these masks by My Beauty Diary, which she gave me one to try. It was great, and moisturizing, but did nothing for my acne.  I still want to go out to buy them in the future, because I liked their moisturizing effects. (Future review??)

BUT! I decided I need to do something drastic about my skin which yields fast results, so I googled DIY Masks and then remembered Bubzbeauty's Yogurt Mask, which she raved about it helping her clear her rash and acne breakout. 

I happened to have a tub of plain yogurt at home, so I said, why not? So I mixed a spoonful with oatmeal and put this on my face.  The only annoying part was that the oatmeal bits always threatened to fall off at the slightest touch.  After a 15 minute wait I took it off, and immediately noticed the hydration. My skin was supple and soft, but there wasn't a really significant acne reduction.  I was starting to get disappointed but I decided to sleep on it and see what happens next morning.

It worked!! My pimple spots were reduced by around 30% like she had said and the redness everywhere definitely decreased. What I loved even more was that my skin was starting to smooth out again. I am so happy with the results so I used this mask again three days later and my skin kept healing.  I also kept washing my face diligently and exfoliating with my Olay electronic cleansing brush and I can't believe it but my nose is also starting to lose the blackheads that dotted my nose like a strawberry.  

Missha BB Cream: It's time for me to ditch this product because I can't risk having pimples scar my face any longer.  I did a review on this which you can read here. If you are not concerned with acne then I recommend this product because of the coverage and finish, but if you're like me, try the CoverFx Foundation....which I will detail in my October Favourites. But basically I switched from this to the Missha before (gave my bottle to my mom) and then recently tried it again and got great results.

No comments:

Post a Comment